The use of Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology in the lighting industry is now widespread.
What are the benefits of LED Lighting?
- Low power consumption compared to conventional lighting
- No ultra-violet output. The UV component of conventional lighting can cause damage to fabric.
- Very little heat is produced in the light output, reducing the cost of building air conditioning and allowing lighting to fit into positions too small for conventional lights.
- Lamp life is very long; most LED manufacturers estimate 100,000 hours.
- Ecologically friendly.
- Light weight manufacture.
- Coloured light can be produced by controlling the power to each primary colour, so no power is wasted.
There are two key areas where this technology influences the lighting industry: Illumination and Effects.